General Terms of Service
Welcome to InspectNTrack and/or MobileInspection operated by Wentworth Inc., located at 1315 Ridge Rd, Hinckley OH, 44233 and/or PO Box 283, Hinckley OH, 44233 respectively (collectively, the “Website”). Your Order Form and each renewal notice includes a description of the Services that Provider has agreed to provide to you and the price you agree to pay for such Services. Your Order Form incorporates these General Terms of Service, and together your Order Form and these General Terms of Service form your “Agreement” with Wentworth. Your and your Authorized User’s use of InspectNTrack and/or MobileInspection and their associated Websites is subject to this Agreement. Provider and Customer may be referred to herein collectively as the “Parties” or individually as a “Party.”
- Use of Services.
- No Personal Information. The Services are only to be used for tracking maintenance schedules for industrial equipment. Under no circumstances are the Services to be used to process or store Personal Information. Use of the Services to process or store Personal Information shall be considered a material breach of this Agreement.
- Use by Individuals. Please read this Agreement carefully before using the Services. By accessing the Services, you acknowledge and agree that you have read this Agreement, are at least eighteen (18) years of age, and wish to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. If you are not at least eighteen (18) years of age or do not wish to be bound by this Agreement, you are not authorized to use the Services. Additional terms and conditions may apply to certain Services, and your use of such Services indicates your agreement to such terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to modify the Agreement at any time. You agree to review this Agreement periodically to be aware of such modifications. You further agree that your continued use of the Services shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of any modified Agreement. We will indicate that changes to this Agreement have been made by updating the date indicated after “Last Modified” at the end of this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by any modified version of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use the Services. A current version of this Agreement is accessible via the footer of the Website’s homepage. You acknowledge and agree that Provider may, under exceptional circumstances required by necessary technical changes or comparable measures, stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally at Provider’s sole discretion, without prior notice.
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (a) this Agreement and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States).
- “Aggregated Statistics” means data and information related to Customer’s use of the Services that is used by Provider in an aggregate and completely anonymized manner, including to compile statistical and performance information related to the provision and operation of the Services.
- “Authorized User” means Customer’s employees, consultants, contractors, and agents (i) who are authorized by Customer to access and use the Services under the rights granted to Customer pursuant to this Agreement and (ii) for whom access to the Services has been purchased hereunder.
- “Customer” means the legal entity or individual that enters into this Agreement by using the Services or, where applicable, as described in the Order Form.
- “Customer Data” means, other than Aggregated Statistics, information, data, and other content, in any form or medium, that is submitted, posted, or otherwise transmitted by or on behalf of Customer or an Authorized User through the Services.
- “Documentation” means Provider’s user manuals, handbooks, and guides relating to the Services provided by Provider to Customer either electronically or in hard copy form.
- “Order Form” means the signature page/order form executed by Provider and Customer, which when signed incorporates this Agreement and makes this Agreement effective.
- “Personal Information” means personal information, health information, financial information, educational information, or any other type of protected, regulated, or sensitive information of any kind about an individual or group of individuals.
- “Provider IP” means the Services, the Documentation, and any and all intellectual property provided to Customer or any Authorized User in connection with the foregoing. For the avoidance of doubt, Provider IP includes Aggregated Statistics, but does not include Customer Data.
- “Services” means the software-as-a-service offering described in the Order Form or any renewal notice.
- “Support Addendum” means that certain addendum to this Agreement, if any, which describes the support to be provided to Customer and the fees associated with such support.
- “Third-Party Products” means any third-party products described in the Order Form or renewal notice that are provided with or incorporated into the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, InspectNTrack and MobileInspection are not considered Third-Party Products.
- Access and Use.
- Provision of Access. Subject to and conditioned on Customer’s payment of Fees and compliance with all other terms and conditions of this Agreement, Provider hereby grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable (except in compliance with Section 13(g)) right to access and use the Services during the Term, solely for use by Authorized Users in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. Such use is limited to Customer’s internal use. Provider shall provide to Customer the necessary passwords and network links or connections to allow Customer to access the Services. The total number of Authorized Users will not exceed the number set forth in the Order Form or renewal notice, except as expressly agreed to in writing by the Parties and subject to any appropriate adjustment of the Fees payable hereunder.
- Documentation License. Subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, Provider hereby grants to Customer a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable (except in compliance with Section 13(g)) license to use the Documentation during the Term solely for Customer’s internal business purposes in connection with its use of the Services.
- Use Restrictions. Customer shall not use the Services for any purposes beyond the scope of the access granted in this Agreement. Customer shall not at any time, directly or indirectly, and shall not permit any Authorized Users to: (i) copy, modify, or create derivative works of the Services or Documentation, in whole or in part; (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Services or Documentation; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software component of the Services, in whole or in part; (iv) remove any proprietary notices from the Services or Documentation; or (v) use the Services or Documentation in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law.
- Reservation of Rights. Provider reserves all rights not expressly granted to Customer in this Agreement. Except for the limited rights and licenses expressly granted under this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement grants, by implication, waiver, estoppel, or otherwise, to Customer or any third party any intellectual property rights or other right, title, or interest in or to the Provider IP.
- Suspension. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Provider may temporarily suspend Customer’s and any Authorized User’s access to any portion or all of the Services if: (i) Provider reasonably determines that (A) there is a threat or attack on any of the Provider IP; (B) Customer’s or any Authorized User’s use of the Provider IP disrupts or poses a security risk to the Provider IP or to any other customer or vendor of Provider; (C) Customer, or any Authorized User, is using the Provider IP for fraudulent or illegal activities; (D) subject to applicable law, Customer has ceased to continue its business in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of its assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or similar proceeding; or (E) Provider’s provision of the Services to Customer or any Authorized User is prohibited by applicable law; (ii) any vendor of Provider has suspended or terminated Provider’s access to or use of any third-party services or products required to enable Customer to access the Services; or (iii) in accordance with Section 6(a) (any such suspension described in subclause (i), (ii), or (iii), a “Service Suspension”). Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide written notice of any Service Suspension to Customer and to provide updates regarding resumption of access to the Services following any Service Suspension. Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to resume providing access to the Services as soon as reasonably possible after the event giving rise to the Service Suspension is cured. Provider will have no liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits), or any other consequences that Customer or any Authorized User may incur as a result of a Service Suspension.
- Aggregated Statistics. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Provider may monitor Customer’s use of the Services and collect and compile Aggregated Statistics. As between Provider and Customer, all right, title, and interest in Aggregated Statistics, and all intellectual property rights therein, belong to and are retained solely by Provider. Customer acknowledges that Provider may compile Aggregated Statistics based on Customer Data input into the Services. Customer agrees that Provider may (i) make Aggregated Statistics publicly available in compliance with applicable law, and (ii) use Aggregated Statistics to the extent and in the manner permitted under applicable law; provided that in no event shall such Aggregated Statistics include or identify Customer or Customer’s Confidential Information.
- Customer Responsibilities.
- General. Customer is responsible and liable for all uses of the Services and Documentation resulting from access provided by Customer, directly or indirectly, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer is responsible for all acts and omissions of Authorized Users, and any act or omission by an Authorized User that would constitute a breach of this Agreement if taken by Customer will be deemed a breach of this Agreement by Customer. Customer shall use reasonable efforts to make all Authorized Users aware of this Agreement’s provisions as applicable to such Authorized User’s use of the Services, and shall cause Authorized Users to comply with such provisions.
- Third-Party Products. Provider may from time to time make Third-Party Products available to Customer. For purposes of this Agreement, such Third-Party Products are subject to their own terms and conditions and the applicable flow-through provisions. If Customer does not agree to abide by the applicable terms for any such Third-Party Products, then Customer should not install or use such Third-Party Products.
- Service Levels and Support.
- Service Levels. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Services available in accordance with the service levels set out on a Support Addendum, if applicable.
- Support. The access rights granted hereunder entitle Customer to the support services set forth in the Order Form, plus any additional support services that Customer may order during the Term.
- Fees and Payment.
- Fees. Customer shall pay Provider the fees (“Fees”) as set forth in the Order Form and any renewal notice without offset or deduction. Customer shall make all payments hereunder in US dollars on or before the due date set forth in the Order Form or renewal notice. If Customer fails to make any payment when due, without limiting Provider’s other rights and remedies: (i) Provider may charge interest on the past due amount at the rate of 1.5% per month calculated daily and compounded monthly or, if lower, the highest rate permitted under applicable law; (ii) Customer shall reimburse Provider for all reasonable costs incurred by Provider in collecting any late payments or interest, including attorneys’ fees, court costs, and collection agency fees; and (iii) if such failure continues for 15 days or more, Provider may suspend Customer’s and its Authorized Users’ access to any portion or all of the Services until such amounts are paid in full.
- Taxes. All Fees and other amounts payable by Customer under this Agreement are exclusive of taxes and similar assessments. Customer is responsible for all sales, use, and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state, or local governmental or regulatory authority on any amounts payable by Customer hereunder, other than any taxes imposed on Provider’s income.
- Confidential Information.
- THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED TO PROCESS OR STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION. From time to time during the Term, either Party may disclose or make available to the other Party information about its business affairs, products, confidential intellectual property, trade secrets, third-party confidential information, and other sensitive or proprietary information, whether orally or in written, electronic, or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated, or otherwise identified as “confidential” (collectively, “Confidential Information”). Confidential Information does not include information that, at the time of disclosure is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to the receiving Party at the time of disclosure; (c) rightfully obtained by the receiving Party on a non-confidential basis from a third party; or (d) independently developed by the receiving Party.
- The receiving Party shall not disclose the disclosing Party’s Confidential Information to any person or entity, except to the receiving Party’s employees who have a need to know the Confidential Information for the receiving Party to exercise its rights or perform its obligations hereunder. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each Party may disclose Confidential Information to the limited extent required (i) in order to comply with the order of a court or other governmental body, or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable law, provided that the Party making the disclosure pursuant to the order shall first have given written notice to the other Party and made a reasonable effort to obtain a protective order; or (ii) to establish a Party’s rights under this Agreement, including to make required court filings. On the expiration or termination of the Agreement, the receiving Party shall promptly return to the disclosing Party all copies, whether in written, electronic, or other form or media, of the disclosing Party’s Confidential Information, or destroy all such copies and certify in writing to the disclosing Party that such Confidential Information has been destroyed; provided, however, Customer can control preservation and deletion of Customer’s Confidential Information in the Services through Customer’s account. Each Party’s obligations of non-disclosure with regard to Confidential Information are effective as of the Effective Date and will expire five years from the date first disclosed to the receiving Party; provided, however, with respect to any Confidential Information that constitutes a trade secret (as determined under applicable law), such obligations of non-disclosure will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement for as long as such Confidential Information remains subject to trade secret protection under applicable law.
- Intellectual Property Ownership; Feedback.
- Provider IP. Customer acknowledges that, as between Customer and Provider, Provider owns all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Provider IP and, with respect to Third-Party Products, the applicable third-party providers own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Third-Party Products.
- Customer Data. Provider acknowledges that, as between Provider and Customer, Customer owns all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Customer Data. Customer hereby grants to Provider a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, and otherwise use and display the Customer Data and perform all acts with respect to the Customer Data as may be necessary for Provider to provide the Services to Customer.
- Feedback. If Customer or any of its employees or contractors sends or transmits any communications or materials to Provider by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to the Provider IP, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like (“Feedback”), Provider is free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between the Parties governing such Feedback. Customer hereby assigns to Provider on Customer’s behalf, and on behalf of its employees, contractors and/or agents, all right, title, and interest in any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever and without any attribution or compensation to any party, although Provider is not required to use any Feedback.
- Limited Warranty and Warranty Disclaimer.
- Provider warrants that the Services will conform in all material respects to the service levels set forth on a Support Addendum, if applicable, when accessed and used in accordance with the Documentation. Provider does not make any representations or guarantees regarding uptime or availability of the Services unless specifically identified on the Support Page. The remedies set forth on the Support Page and in the Agreement are Customer’s sole remedies and Provider’s sole liability under the limited warranty set forth in this Section 9(a). THE FOREGOING WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY, AND PROVIDER STRICTLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS.
- EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 9(a), THE PROVIDER IP IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND PROVIDER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 9(a), PROVIDER MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE PROVIDER IP, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR FREE.
- USE OF THE SERVICES TO PROCESS OR STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION IS A MATERIAL BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IF THE SERVICES ARE USED TO PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ENTIRELY “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.
- Provider Indemnification.
- Provider shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Customer from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (“Losses”) incurred by Customer resulting from any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (“Third-Party Claim”) that the Services, or any use of the Services in accordance with this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s US patents, copyrights, or trade secrets, provided that Customer promptly notifies Provider in writing of the claim, cooperates with Provider, and allows Provider sole authority to control the defense and settlement of such claim.
- If such a claim is made or appears possible, Customer agrees to permit Provider, at Provider’s sole discretion, to (A) modify or replace the Services, or component or part thereof, to make it non-infringing, or (B) obtain the right for Customer to continue use. If Provider determines that neither alternative is reasonably available, Provider may terminate this Agreement, in its entirety or with respect to the affected component or part, effective immediately on written notice to Customer.
- This Section 10(a) will not apply to the extent that the alleged infringement arises from: (A) use of the Services in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by Provider or authorized by Provider in writing; (B) modifications to the Services not made by Provider; (C) Customer Data; or (D) Third-Party Products.
- Customer Indemnification. Customer shall indemnify, hold harmless, and, at Provider’s option, defend Provider from and against any Losses resulting from any Third-Party Claim that the Customer Data, or any use of the Customer Data in accordance with this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights and any Third-Party Claims based on Customer’s or any Authorized User’s (i) negligence or willful misconduct; (ii) use of the Services in a manner not authorized by this Agreement; (iii) use of the Services in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by Provider or authorized by Provider in writing; (iv) use of the Services to store or process Personal Information; or (v) modifications to the Services not made by Provider, provided that Customer may not settle any Third-Party Claim against Provider unless Provider consents to such settlement, and further provided that Provider will have the right, at its option, to defend itself against any such Third-Party Claim or to participate in the defense thereof by counsel of its own choice.
- Sole Remedy. THIS SECTION 10 SETS FORTH CUSTOMER’S SOLE REMEDIES AND PROVIDER’S SOLE LIABILITY AND OBLIGATION FOR ANY ACTUAL, THREATENED, OR ALLEGED CLAIMS THAT THE SERVICES INFRINGE, MISAPPROPRIATE, OR OTHERWISE VIOLATE ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL PROVIDER’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS SECTION 10 EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER WITHIN THE PRIOR TWELVE (12) MONTHS.
- Provider Indemnification.
- Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL PROVIDER BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, FOR ANY: (a) CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, ENHANCED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; (b) INCREASED COSTS, DIMINUTION IN VALUE OR LOST BUSINESS, PRODUCTION, REVENUES, OR PROFITS; (c) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; (d) USE, INABILITY TO USE, LOSS, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR RECOVERY OF ANY DATA, OR BREACH OF DATA OR SYSTEM SECURITY; OR (e) COST OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER PROVIDER WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL PROVIDER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID TO PROVIDER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $10,000, WHICHEVER IS LESS.
- Term and Termination.
- Term. The initial term of this Agreement begins on the Effective Date and, unless terminated earlier pursuant to this Agreement’s express provisions, will continue in effect until one year from such date (the “Initial Term”). This Agreement will automatically renew for additional successive one year terms unless earlier terminated pursuant to this Agreement’s express provisions or either Party gives the other Party written notice of non-renewal at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the then-current term (each a “Renewal Term” and together with the Initial Term, the “Term”).
- Termination. In addition to any other express termination right set forth in this Agreement:
- Provider may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to Customer, if Customer: (A) fails to pay any amount when due hereunder, and such failure continues more than 15 days after Provider’s delivery of written notice thereof; or (B) breaches any of its obligations under Section 3(c) or Section 7;
- either Party may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to the other Party, if the other Party breaches this Agreement, and such breach: (A) is incapable of cure; or (B) being capable of cure, remains uncured 30 days after the non-breaching Party provides the breaching Party with written notice of such breach; or
- either Party may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately upon written notice to the other Party, if the other Party: (A) becomes insolvent or is generally unable to pay, or fails to pay, its debts as they become due; (B) files or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or otherwise becomes subject, voluntarily or involuntarily, to any proceeding under any domestic or foreign bankruptcy or insolvency law; (C) makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or (D) applies for or has appointed a receiver, trustee, custodian, or similar agent appointed by order of any court of competent jurisdiction to take charge of or sell any material portion of its property or business.
- Effect of Expiration or Termination. Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, Customer shall immediately discontinue use of the Provider IP and, without limiting Customer’s obligations under Section 7, Customer shall delete, destroy, or return all copies of the Provider IP and certify in writing to the Provider that the Provider IP has been deleted or destroyed. No expiration or termination will affect Customer’s obligation to pay all Fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination or entitle Customer to any refund.
- Survival. This Section 12(d) and Sections 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9(b), 10, 11, and 13 survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement. No other provisions of this Agreement survive the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with any other documents incorporated herein by reference and all referenced policies and URLs, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, and representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. In the event of any inconsistency between the statements made in the body of this Agreement, the Order Form or any renewal notice, and any other documents incorporated herein by reference, the following order of precedence governs: (i) first, this Agreement; (ii) second, the Order Form and any renewal notice; and (iii) third, any other documents incorporated herein by reference.
- Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) must be in writing and addressed to the Parties at the addresses set forth on the Order Form or the billing information in Customer’s account (or to such other address that may be designated by the Party giving Notice from time to time in accordance with this Section). All Notices must be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), email (with confirmation of transmission), or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage pre-paid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only: (i) upon receipt by the receiving Party; and (ii) if the Party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
- Force Majeure. In no event shall either Party be liable to the other Party, or be deemed to have breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under this Agreement (except for any obligations to make payments), if and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond such Party’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, war, terrorism, invasion, riot or other civil unrest, strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances, or passage of law or any action taken by a governmental or public authority, including imposing an embargo.
- Amendment and Modification; Waiver. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each Party. No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions hereof will be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the Party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, (i) no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement will operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, and (ii) no single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder will preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the Parties shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect their original intent as closely as possible in a mutually acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
- Governing Law; Submission to Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Ohio. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the licenses granted hereunder will be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Ohio in each case located in the city of Medina and County of Medina and each Party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
- Assignment. Customer may not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations hereunder, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Provider, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned, or delayed. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section will be null and void. No assignment or delegation will relieve the assigning or delegating Party of any of its obligations hereunder. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the Parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- Export Regulation. Customer shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), that prohibit or restrict the export or re-export of the Services or any Customer Data outside the US.
- US Government Rights. Each of the Documentation and the software components that constitute the Services is a “commercial item” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. § 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. § 12.212. Accordingly, if Customer is an agency of the US Government or any contractor therefor, Customer only receives those rights with respect to the Services and Documentation as are granted to all other end users, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. § 227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. § 227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. § 12.212, with respect to all other US Government users and their contractors.
- Equitable Relief. Each Party acknowledges and agrees that a breach or threatened breach by such Party of any of its obligations under Section 7 or, in the case of Customer, Section 3(c), would cause the other Party irreparable harm for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and agrees that, in the event of such breach or threatened breach, the other Party will be entitled to equitable relief, including a restraining order, an injunction, specific performance, and any other relief that may be available from any court, without any requirement to post a bond or other security, or to prove actual damages or that monetary damages are not an adequate remedy. Such remedies are not exclusive and are in addition to all other remedies that may be available at law, in equity, or otherwise.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which is deemed an original, but all of which together are deemed to be one and the same agreement.Date Modified 06.23.2020